Volunteering for Wessex Heartbeat
“We couldn’t do everything we do without our brilliant volunteers; but we are always looking for more help in lots of different ways and are very grateful when we get it”
Tina Richardson: Events Manager, Wessex Heartbeat
Here’s some of the ways you could help
You like meeting people
- Why not back us up at our events – helping get things ready; selling raffle tickets or just doing what needs to done when the rush is on.
- Alternatively we have stalls to be manned throughout the year
You like to drive and know your way around
- So often we have leaflets/banners/collecting tins to deliver and retrieve. We’ll pay your petrol expenses if you can spare the time.
You’re good at presentations
- Getting Wessex Heartbeat’s message out to community groups and organisations is so important to bringing new supporters on board and telling people about what the Charity does and achieves. If your expertise lies in this area we’d love to talk to you.
You like researching the internet & writing
- Wessex Heartbeat has been lucky to get some major grants from Charitable Trusts. Would you like to help us identify Trusts to approach, and draft submissions to tell Trusts all about the Charity’s needs? We have a computer in our office for you to use, but it would also suit home-volunteering.
You have other skills and want to use them to do something for us
- Just give us a call and we can discuss what you do and what we need.
To discuss becoming a Wessex Heartbeat volunteer either email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 023 8070 6095